This recipe is soooo good. It reminds me dining oceanside in a grass shack, listening to reggae on Railay Beach in Thailand. Heaven.
This is definitely most requested recipe of mine. It has also snagged me 2 dates, 3 cooking contracts, and countless dinner invites. You're welcome.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1/3 cup minced garlic
- 1/3 cup minced ginger
- 2 white onion (diced)
- 2 lemongrass stalked bruised ( or 4 TBSP Paste)
- 10 lime leaves
- 3 small can pineapple chunks including juice ( you can use a whole fresh pineapple, but it needs to be nice and sweet!)
- 4 small cans of quality coconut milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch cilantro (minced)
- 1/2 cup basil (minced)
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- Add first 7 ingredients to saucepan + saute on medium heat for 15 min, until onions are translucent. Then add pineapples in juice, cover, let simmer for another 20 minutes. (If there isn't much juice, add 1 cup water.)
- Now add the last four ingredients, and simmer for another 30 min. Serve any time after that on rice. Save some cilantro to sprinkle on top.